In these uncertain times SUDEP Action’s values remain as important as ever, and these are at the heart of all that we do to support those living with epilepsy, to reduce their risk, and to support those who have been bereaved.
As we look ahead to this year's Purple Day, we ask you to join with us by sharing your purple heart values in our #PurpleHeartsAtHome campaign.
What is Purple Day?
Purple Day (26 March) is an international epilepsy awareness day. The Day was founded by a young girl called Cassidy Megan in 2008. Motivated by her own struggles with epilepsy, Cassidy's goal is to get people talking about epilepsy in an effort to dispel myths and inform those with seizures that they are not alone.
It is a great global day to raise funds and awareness for SUDEP Action.
You can help us to dispel myths about epilepsy risks (like SUDEP), raise awareness and ultimately save lives.
What is #PurpleHeartsAtHome?
For this Purple Day 2021 we share our values with all.
At the heart of SUDEP Action, our core values are helping us manage through the pandemic:
- Bringing innovations to reduce epilepsy risk
- Making a difference changing clinical practice & policy and for the bereaved
- Working ethically with others to share expertise & create change, working together to avoid duplication
- Caring, supporting and being a trusted life-line to patients, families and the bereaved
- Being the voice of families to stop this happening, using private pain for public purpose
How can I get involved in #PurpleHeartsAtHome?
This year, SUDEP Action are asking people to share their purple heart values and take part in our #PurpleHeartsAtHome campaign to raise awareness and get people talking about epilepsy, and epilepsy risks.
Here's how you can get involved:
1. Fill in the registration form below to show your support, and access the free downloadable resources so you can:
- Create your own purple heart window display
Or, download and print the SUDEP Action #PurpleHeartsAtHome poster to hang in your window
- Add our #PurpleHeartsAtHome frame to your Facebook profile picture on 26th March in support of Purple Day 2021
- Write to your MP or local councillor – can they show their Purple Heart?
2. Join our Facebook #PurpleHeartsAtHome Facebook event and share your purple heart window display with others taking part
Or, share your photos on Instagram, or tweet SUDEP Action using the #PurpleDay2021 and #PurpleHeartsAtHome hashtags.
3. Join our Purple Day Fundraiser Quiz:
This Purple Day, Friday 26th March, at 7pm SUDEP Action are hosting a special online virtual quiz!
You will need to register in advance via the SUDEP Action quiz homepage
Entry costs £5 and of all the quiz entry payments - 60% is automatically allocated as donation to SUDEP Action, 10% to the 1st placed player, 6% to 2nd place, and 4% to 3rd place. The more players the bigger the donation to SUDEP Action and the bigger the prizes for the winners!
(The quiz will start automatically at 7pm so make sure you log into the quiz at least 5 minutes early.
Don’t forget to set up an online chat with other friends taking part to share in the fun!)
Register your support
Register your support and get access to your FREE Purple Day resources - just fill in your details below.
If you are under 18 years old, please as your parent or guardian to register for you.
(For Purple Day questions, or any other fundraising advice, please drop us an email)