About this policy
About SUDEP Action
• This website is owned and operated by SUDEP Action - SUDEP Action, registered charity 1164250 (England & Wales), SC047223 (Scotland).
Epilepsy Bereaved (founded 1995) is part of SUDEP Action.
• Our registered office is at 12a Mill Street, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 9AQ. You can contact us at this address, by telephone on 01235 772852 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• We are supported in a number of areas of our work by educational grants from pharmaceutical companies. We do not promote any of the drugs manufactured by those or any other pharmaceutical companies.
• When we refer to “we” or “our”, we are referring to SUDEP Action. When we refer to “this website” we are referring to www.sudep.org
Information we collect
• When you enquire about our activities, make a donation to us, participate in, access or sign up to a SUDEP Action service, we may receive personal information about you. This includes when you:
• Sign up for our e-news
• Contact us through an online form or by email
• Register on our forum
• Make a purchase
• Make a donation (including any other person’s name you give us or description of any event)
• Give your taxation status (for Gift Aid purposes)
• Complete a survey
• The personal information you provide may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile number or date of birth.
• By submitting your details, you enable us (or a third party, where applicable) to provide you with the service you have requested.
How do we use this information?
We may use your personal information to:
• Provide you with the services, products or information you have requested
• To communicate with you
• For administration purposes and to further our charitable aims, including fundraising activities
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To analyse and improve our website
• To identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries
Personal Information and the Data Protection Act
Any personal information you submit through this website is covered by the Data Protection Act 1988 and will be kept in accordance with this Act. We do not share email addresses or other contact details with any other organisation without your consent.
Personal information on the Forum
Please be aware that the Forum is a public message board which can be viewed by the general public. Any personal information that you disclose on the Forum will be available for the general public to read – it is strongly recommended that you do not post personal details or sensitive personal data on the Forum.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Essentially, it takes the form of a small text file deposited on your computer’s hard drive.
• That you interact with our websites successfully
• We identify when you visit our websites
• We keep track of your browsing patterns
None of our cookies we use collect personal data about our website visitors. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your computer.