New Parliament – New Opportunities to Make Every Epilepsy Death Count
Following the General Election in December 2019, SUDEP Action wrote to all 650 members of Parliament to introduce them to the charity, the work we do, and why it is so important they support us in tackling epilepsy deaths and supporting those bereaved by the condition.
MPs are now starting to read the letter and we’re receiving some replies from interested MPs. But we know the best way to make a connection with busy MPs & Policy Makers is for there to be a constituency link – and this is where your support can really help!
Could you take a few minutes to write to your local MP?
Using our template letter, you can help us stick in the minds of many more MPs, and can be the catalyst for them realising why they should join us in taking action.
- add your contact details (this is important so they know you are their constituent),
- add to / edit the sections in orange to personalise to you and your story,
- then either email or post the letter along with our latest MP briefing
- and don’t forget to let us know when you send your letter and of any replies you receive!
Because MPs receive a lot of post, it can take a number of weeks before you receive a reply – in the meantime why not also:
- arrange to speak to your local MP at a local surgery session (details of these can usually be found on their website – for newly elected MPs, it may take a while for these meetings to get set up)
- use the template letter to write to your local Town and County Councillors. They can be great help in anything you wish to do to raise local awareness and funds.
Any questions, contact us at: [email protected] or give us a call on 01235 772850