What is Purple Day?
Celebrated annually on March 26, Purple Day aims to increase the public’s understanding of epilepsy. Cassidy Megan from Canada founded the first event in 2008. Motivated by her own diagnosis andstruggles of living with epilepsy, she realised the importance of helping others to understand more about this neurological condition, educating and dispelling myths and fears.
SUDEP Action’s values remain as important as ever, and these are at the heart of all that we do to support those living with epilepsy, to reduce their risk, and to support those who have been bereaved. To mark this year's Purple Day, we ask you to join our Purple Hearts for Purple Day campaign. #PurpleHearts #PurpleDay2022
How to get involved
You can take part in our Purple Hearts for Purple Day campaign to raise awareness and get people talking about epilepsy, and epilepsy risks.
- Fill in the registration form below to show your support, and access free downloadable resources.
- Download and print the SUDEP Action Purple Hearts for Purple Day poster to hang in your window, pin on noticeboards or use as part of a creative display.
- Add our Purple Hearts for Purple Day social media banners to your Facebook and Twitter accounts to show others you’re supporting us on March 26.
- Share our campaign messages with others to spread the word about our work and what we do. Retweet using #PurpleHearts #PurpleDay2022
Be inspired – and inspire others
- Are you holding an event to raise funds? Let us know and we’ll share the details.
- Why not wear something purple and share your photos with us on social media. Encourage others to do the same – if you can make a donation too, thank you!
- Tell us in 26 words why SUDEP Action matters to you. We can then post these messages to a ‘website wall’. Send us your messages via social media or if you want them to be anonymous that’s fine, just email email@example.com with ’26 words’ in the subject box.
- We would be grateful if you could tell others about us and what we do. Share our social posts with friends and family – the more people who know about us, the more people we can support.
Join us and share your photos on Facebook Instagram, or tweet SUDEP Action