You may have many questions after an epilepsy-related death:
- I need to understand what has happened
- I've been contacted by the coroner's office - why? and what happens next?
- there is going to be a post-mortem, why? Will I be told the outcome?
- when can we have the funeral?
- why is there going to be an inquest?
- what happens at an inquest?
- what will it be like to attend and can I ask questions?
It can be very difficult to to think about these things in the immediate aftermath of a death. Please get in touch with us as soon as you can - we can help you navigate these processes, including contact with the coroner, the inquest and any related investigations (such as NHS Trust investigations).
We can also help with questions about what has happened and why, about SUDEP and other deaths in epilepsy.
We provide specialist bereavement support and casework.
Contact us on 01235 772852 or email: [email protected]