Previously, there was no single place to keep information on epilepsy-related deaths, which is why researchers and medical professionals asked SUDEP Action to set up the Epilepsy Deaths Register. The information that we gather about individual deaths will help:
• co-ordinate involvement in research
• identify and prioritise new research
• improve public awareness of epilepsy-related risk and SUDEP
• decide where best to put funding to improve services
• improve advice and treatment plans
Research support is provided by Dr Henry Smithson and his research team at Sheffield University and by King’s Health Partners. Our expert advisory panel includes international experts in SUDEP, epilepsy deaths and register development.
0330 0881 220 (local call rate)