We stood united on SUDEP Awareness Day 2016
Despite falling on a Sunday, this 2016 campaign was a great success. The campaign achieved a total reach of 13 392 284. Thank you for being part of this campaign and helping to reach such a wide audience. We hope to reach even more people in 2017.
- Reached people with key messages highlighting steps people with epilepsy can take to reduce their risk.
- Made more people aware of SUDEP globally reaching 99 countries.
- Helped encourage discussion of SUDEP.
Organisations and individuals who helped make the campaign a great success
- This year, 82 organisations and patient groups registered their support for the awareness day.
- At least 266 epilepsy organisations, patient groups and bloggers joined and supported the campaign on social media from 21st to 23rd October.
Click the button below for photos of some of organisations that supported the day.
Click the button below for photos of some individuals who supported the day.
Campaign Hashtags and URL Reach
Thank you for using the official campaign hashtags and sharing the campaign URL, you helped us reach of 1, 638,000.
- The #SUDEPAwarenessDay2016 hashtag reach was 738, 000.
- The #UnitedAgainstSUDEP hashtag reach was 560, 000.
- #sudepawarenessday hashtag reach was 180, 000.
- The www.sudepawarenessday.org URL reach 160,000
Around 155 Epilepsy organisations, groups, Epilepsy and SUDEP bloggers and influential figures joined the campaign on Facebook to help reach a total audience of 2 101 602.
On Twitter, the campaign was supported by at least 154 epilepsy organisations, health professionals, epilepsy bloggers and advocates. You helped us reach an audience of 536 821.
The campaign microsite has had around 43 000 visits to date accessed from more than 99 countries. At least 82 organisations registered their support for the awareness day on the microsite.
The awareness day generated UK and international media coverage resulting in a reach of 10 761 264.
If you were part of the campaign and would like your photos to be added to the SUDEP Awareness Day gallery please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org